Psychiatry Practice Boosters, Fourth Edition (2023)
This product includes instant access to the PDF/eBook and 10-CME Post-Test. It does not include a print copy.
As a clinician, you need to keep up with the latest developments in psychiatry. But you can’t possibly read every potentially relevant research study published each year. At Carlat Publishing, we try to make your life easier by sifting through the contents of the major psychiatric journals for you. The studies that meet our criteria—tackling interesting topics and yielding actionable recommendations for your practice—have made it into our new edition of Psychiatry Practice Boosters.
This fourth edition teaches you the key points of 63 of the most clinically relevant studies in psychiatry from the last three years. This book includes a quick course on understanding research design and statistics—so that you can be a more informed reader of the medical literature.
Get research-based insight into these vital questions:
- Can We Treat Depression by Targeting Inflammation?
- How Essential Is Antidepressant Continuation?
- Which Medications Have the Lowest Risk of Side Effects?
- Starting Buprenorphine: Is Timing Everything?
- Does Mirtazapine Treat Agitation in Dementia?
- Lithium Exposure In Utero: How Bad Is It Really?
- Do Structural Brain Abnormalities Predict Cognitive Impairment With Electroconvulsive Therapy?
- Antidepressants for Suicidal Ideation in Depressed Patients?
- Psilocybin: The New Holy Grail for the Rapid Relief of Major Depression?
Dr. Koskey and Zachary Davis have disclosed no relevant financial or other interests in any commercial companies pertaining to this educational activity.
Carlat CME Institute maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Carlat CME Institute designates this enduring material educational activity for a maximum of ten (10) AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians or psychologists should claim credit commensurate only with the extent of their participation in the activity