Prescribing Psychotropics: From Drug Interactions to Pharmacogenetics (2022)
Prescribing Psychotropics bridges the gap between the complexities of drug pharmacokinetics and everyday clinical practice, providing clinicians more insight into how psychiatric drugs behave (or misbehave!) once their patients take them. The book also includes a series of unusually practical charts and tables that prescribers will find invaluable as they make medication decisions.
View a PDF of sample pages, including the Table of Contents, Introduction, Tables, Figures, and Index.
What you'll find inside:
- The basics of drug metabolism
- What you really need to know about drug interactions
- Food and drink effects on medications
- Recreational drug interactions
- Gender and drug metabolism
- Drug metabolism and ethnicity
- More than 70 quick-reference tables, charts, and figures